Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm Sorry, We're Closed



Today, Germans came knocking on the door of La Pyramide. After the last incident I let them in; careful not to stir any trouble (after all, they did shut the restaurant down for six months!).

Last time, I told a German officer that we had run out food and weren't serving lunch. He offered me petrol coupons but I informed him I was not in possession of a vehicle. He insisted I show him the refrigerators, so I did.

After that they closed the restaurant for six months and threatened my imprisonment! Of course the Mayor of Lyon protested otherwise and I was spared.

Today, I let a pack of German soldiers in for lunch. They thought I gave in. Little did they know that as they enjoyed their Poularde en Vessie Marius Vettard I was hiding nineteen refugees in the attic!

HA!

*(Information provided by "The Great Chefs of France" by Anthony Blake/pg:39-40)