Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Practical Point!



I do love practical jokes! Last week alone I pulled five pranks:

On Monday: when an assuming sommelier went down to the cellar, I followed him and turned the lights out. His scream was that of a little girls!

On Tuesday: I hid the brushes from the barber that comes to shave me every morning. Looks like im growing beard for a while...

On Wednesday: I fooled my dear friend Pierre Chauvon! He's our cellar man but also an avid fisher. Every year he looks forward to the season so I hoisted his small boat up a tree! Maybe he'll catch a some squirrels.

On Thursday: I entertained a group of visitors in the kitchen, keeping them close to the counters. I had my commis creep underneath and paint their shoes in the most brilliant colors!  

On Friday: All pranks must have their rest. The cloakroom caught fire and when I telephoned the fire birgade they just laughed. It took time to persuade them as they were accustomed to my jokes and therefore did not believe my words. There was a considerable amount of damage done, so...I guess the jokes on me.

*(Information provided by "The Great Chefs of France" by Anthony Blake/pg:38)